God gives us vegetables because we need them! Our bodies truly need the nutrients available in fresh fruits and vegetables. The health benefits of eating more vegetables are nearly limitless. Vegetables are wonderful for their low fat content and abundance of important nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, potassium and folate (folic acid). Vegetables, as part of an overall healthy diet, may reduce risk for heart attack and other chronic health conditions (myplate.gov).
- ChooseMyPlate.gov 10 Tips to help you eat more Vegetables
- ChooseMyPlate.gov: Beans & Peas Are Unique Foods
- ChooseMyPlate,gov: Why eat Vegetables?
- Baked Sweet Potato Sticks
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Cold Marinated Fresh Beets
- Okra Saute
- Parmesan Brussel Sprout Salad
- Sautéed Greens Medley
- Spring Veggie Sauté
- Veggie Pizza